All new degree-seeking international students must complete the Online Immigration Check-In for their CIE Check-In Hold release and to meet F-1 reporting requirements.
International students who fail to complete the Online Check-in may be dis-enrolled from classes.
3 Steps for Online Immigration Check-In
STEP 1: MyCSULB
- U.S. Mailing Address
- Telephone number
- Home email (your campus email will be the student csulb.edu account)
- Click here for the Online Video Tutorial
This information must be updated and accurate to have your visa registered with the government immigration system.
STEP 2: IMMIGRATION DOCUMENT PREP
Save clear images of these immigration documents as a JPG or PDF file on your device:
- Passport bio page
- F-1 Visa page
- Most recent entry stamp
- Copy of CSULB I-20 pages 1 and 2
- Financial Guarantee (government-sponsored students only)
Step 3: UPLOAD DOCUMENTS
- Unacceptable documentation: small, blurry, incomplete, or incorrect U.S. contact information
- You will be notified to re-submit documents if necessary
- You may be dis-enrolled from courses if you do not complete this check-in process
- Check-in hold clearance will take up to 3 business days
- Deadline: January 20, 2019 @5:00 PM
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.