COVID-19 FAQ for International Students and Visiting Scholars

International Education & Global Engagement
  • Immigration regulations require F-1 international students to maintain full-time enrollment and attendance. International students who would like to discuss enrollment below a full course of study at CSULB need to consult with an International Student Advisor. To be enrolled below full-time, students need to gain authorization from the Center for International Education (CIE) prior to the beginning of each semester. Students who are enrolled for less than full-time without authorization will be in jeopardy of losing their F-1 student status and will need to resolve the status issue in order to legally continue studies in the U.S. The following is a list of possible reasons which can be discussed for enrolling below a full course of study (Note: the reasons listed are not a guarantee for approval of part time enrollment):
    Students need to meet with an International Student Advisor in person to determine their eligibility and gain authorization.

    ​In response to COVID-19, the university is transitioning to alternate delivery of classes. Click here to learn more.