Are you enthusiastic about getting to know international students and helping them adjust to campus life at CSULB? Are you good at working with diverse people? If so, then join the CSULB Diplomatic Corps as a Global Peer Ambassador!DESCRIPTION
Global Peer Ambassadors (GPA) are needed to welcome new international students to life at CSULB. GPAs help these students get oriented and familiar with classes, transportation, campus culture, extracurricular activities, and more.PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
- Duration: Orientation Day and the first month of the Fall term.
- Attend the Spring training session in April 2020.
- Attend International Freshman Orientation on Monday, August 17, 2020.
- Complete your profile (CIE will provide a link to do this).
- Participate in a promotion for international student life and recruitment (for example, recorded statements, videos, or photos.)
- Any currently enrolled full-time CSULB student
- Must NOT be on academic probation
- Must be in good academic standing with Grade Point Average of 2.5 or above
- Must have successfully completed at least one semester at CSULB
- Have a genuine interest in helping and guiding a group of international students with campus life
- Be available on International Freshman Orientation Day: Monday, August 17, 2020. (Since orientation day is crucial to the GPA Program, we unfortunately cannot accept your application if you are unable to be present on August 17th).
- Be available for one of the training sessions to take place in April 2020
- Make a positive impact on the life of an international student
- Gain a more mature understanding of diversity and global awareness
- Further develop cross-cultural communication skills
- Make new friends
- Receive recommendation from Associate Dean of International Programs (by request)
- Applications will be open in January 2020
- If you are selected, you will participate in the training session with other GPA's in April 2020
Questions? Contact: Mayra.Serna-Gallegos@csulb.edu