1. A Cal State Apply Application - available at www.CalState.edu/Apply
2. English language requirement including TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson, Eiken or ALI information. Our school code for ETS is 4389. Some graduate programs require higher English test scores. Please refer to the website of your intended major before you apply.
3. Original or certified copies of ALL OFFICIAL academic records, transcripts/individual marksheets, certificates, and diplomas. Applicants who have studied in the U.S. are required to have the institution(s) directly send their official transcript(s) to International Admissions. Opened transcripts are not considered official.
4. English translation of all academic records and certificates/diplomas are required if the original language is in a language other than English. You can use Southern California Translation Service or Northern California Translation Service.
5. All additional supporting documents vary from program to program. Please check with your program to see what additional documents are required. SAT scores are not required for students attending high school outside the United States, but are strongly encouraged.
6. Once you have submitted a Cal State Apply application, we recommend you check your status by visiting Applicant Self Service before calling or emailing the International Admissions office. For a detailed guide on how to check your status, click here.
7. Please do not submit your financial documents (bank statement and financial affidavit) unless you are admitted into your program.
NOTE: Any applicant with foreign coursework and a degree from an institution outside of the United States, who is applying to credential programs in the College of Education, is required to have all foreign transcripts and degree certificates evaluated by a state-approved agency. HERE is a complete list of approved agencies. International Admissions recommends that you use WES (World Education Services).
Mail all documents to:
CSULB Research Foundation
6300 East State University Drive, Room 180
Long Beach, CA 90815
PLEASE NOTE: Make sure to include your CAS ID number or CSULB Student ID number