Students who have obtained a degree level comparable to a U.S. Bachelor degree but wish to continue studying for either a second Bachelor’s degree, certificate or credential are considered a post-baccalaureate student. Not all majors are offered to students looking for a post-baccalaureate. Please click HERE
to see what majors/departments offer a post-baccalaureate.
All post-baccalaureate applicants must submit the following items:
- File a CSU Long Beach application through Cal State Apply
- All transcripts from all institutions attended with a degree conferred date or diploma
- English Language Requirements
- If you have already taken an English Exam make sure you request CSULB as a receiving institution and submit an unofficial copy of your test scores with your supporting documents. We will use the unofficial score to verify online
- Any applicant with foreign coursework and a degree from an institution outside of the United States, who is applying to credential programs in the College of Education, is required to have all foreign transcripts and degree certificates evaluated by a state-approved agency. HERE is a complete list of approved agencies. International Admissions recommends using WES (World Education Services).
- For students interested in a Second Bachelor’s degree, to be considered for admission, you must meet the major specific criteria in order to be eligible.
- We recommend for all students who do not hold a 4 year degree to fill out a degree equivalency questionnaire to determine if your 3 year degree is equivalent to a U.S. 4 year degree. Final equivalency will be determined by International Admissions.