Self-service registration is available via MyCSULB
for students who enrolled through Open University during Fall 2018, Winter 2019, or Spring 2019. Self-service registration begins March 11
, using the steps below.
Once classes begin on May 20, all students must register in person.
Steps for Self-Service Registration
- Prepare to Register
Select Your Classes
- Log on to MyCSULB to obtain the information you need to register. To avoid delays, check the following items:
- Holds - Learn how to clear holds under Personal Portfolio.
- Campus ID - Your campus identification number is needed to register. It appears on your admission and appointment notifications.
- Password - A password is needed for web access. The first time
you access the system, you will be prompted to enter your birthdate
(MMDDYY, e.g. 060383) in order to create a password of your choice.
- View course offerings online and use one or all of the following options to get the course information you need:
- Browse the Schedule of Classes. Classes can be viewed by subject. Information is updated nightly.
- Search for classes at http://my.csulb.edu.
Get detailed information on course offerings by using myCSULB. This
option allows you to search by subject, course, session, and GE
category. It also gives you information regarding the classes such as
available seats, instructor, and more.
- Course catalog descriptions at http://my.csulb.edu.
Current course descriptions for classes can be viewed by using myCSULB.
For assistance using myCSULB, refer to the online guide on the
- Manage your class schedule and account. Check your class schedule
regularly and make note of any class cancellations, room changes,
waitlist status, and other changes to your classes. Check your account
regularly and promptly pay any fees resulting from changes in your
Refer to the topics under “How to use MyCSULB” at MyCSULB
assistance is available Monday through Thursday, 8:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
and Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at (562) 985-5561.