Beach TV is available as a 24/7 live stream here.
Beach TV is also on Charter Cable 95 and Frontier FiOS Channel 25 in Long Beach and Signal Hill. You can also find it in Lakewood on Spectrum Channel 28. Additionally, Beach TV is available on Roku.
Many Beach TV shows produced on campus are available for viewing on the Beach TV YouTube channel.
Beach TV is a nonprofit, local educational cable TV channel (PEG channel) operating 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are approximately 600,000 viewers accessing Beach TV programming via the two local cable systems. Since its inception in 1985, Beach TV has been managed, operated, and programmed by Advanced Media Production.
Programs airing on Beach TV are acquired through several means. Many programs are produced by AMP staff and student assistants. Beach TV content focuses on public affairs issues, prominent guest speakers, special events, and engaging on-campus activities. Some examples of high-profile special guests on Beach TV in recent years include the following:
- Arnold Schwarzenegger, actor and former California Governor
- Stevie Wonder, Grammy-winning performer
- Kirk Douglas, award-winning actor
- The 14th Dalai Lama, Tibetan Buddhist spiritual leader
- Martin Yan, chef and star of PBS show “Yan Can Cook”
- Arianna Huffington, founder of The Huffington Post
- Temple Grandin, best-selling author on the topic of Autism/Asperger’s Syndrome
- George Deukmejian, former California governor
In addition to the names listed above, many other prominent special presenters are recorded each year, including foreign ambassadors, Nobel Prize winners, and master artists and designers.
See the Beach TV Program Schedule here