- To begin registering for classes, log on to your MyCSULB account.
- Click on My Page
- Click on Student Center
- Click on Academics
- Click on Enroll
- You can view your current classes for the term, add a class, and place yourself on a waitlist.
- You will be prompted to select a term. Click on the radio button for the corresponding term and click the "Continue" button.
- Your Class Schedule for the selected term will display. Icons will indicate your enrollment status (Enrolled, Dropped or Wait Listed).
Search for Classes When Enrolling
You can search for classes by clicking on the "Search" button below the 'Class Search' option on the left side of your shopping cart. The basic search allows you to search using general class information. If you receive a "no matching values found" message, make your search less specific.
For additional assistance, see the Searching the Schedule of Classes section.
Note: When searching for classes during your enrollment period, you can click on the "Select Class" button on the Class Search Results page to add the class to your Enrollment Shopping Cart. If you are already enrolled in a class, the “Select Class” button will not appear for the section you are enrolled in.
Class Enrollment Options
- Multiple Component Courses: For classes that require a related component (e.g. lab, activity, etc.), you must specify the related class section.
- Units: For classes with variable units, you may specify the number of units being taken.
- Continue selecting classes until you have entered all the classes in which you would like to register, and then click on the "Proceed to Step 2 of 3" button.*
- Confirm the classes you wish to add and click the "Finish Enrolling" button.
- Icons will indicate the enrollment status (Open, Closed, or Wait Listed).**
*Note: If attempting to add a course in which you:
- currently have an incomplete grade;
- received a grade of C, B, A or CR;
- already repeated a course once at CSULB; or
- reached the repeat limit, you will be prevented from enrolling and will receive an error message.
You will need to remove the course from your enrollment request in order to add other courses and complete your registration.
**Note: The Waitlist icon will only display during the waitlist period. Once the Last Day to Waitlist has passed for the term, the class will display a status of Closed.
Undergraduate students are subject to limits of course repetitions allowed during their entire CSULB undergraduate career. If a student attempts to enroll in a class that goes beyond these limits, an error message will appear pertaining to the following situations:
- Undergraduate students may repeat courses only if they earned grades lower than a C. An error message will appear if you are attempting to enroll in a class in which you have received a grade of C or higher.
- Undergraduate students may take a course no two times. After the student has enrolled in the course for the 2nd time, an error message will indicate that the class cannot be repeated because the total number of completed attempts allowed has been exceeded.
- Post-baccalaureate and undergraduate students may not re-enroll in a course for which they have received a grade of “I” (Incomplete) until that “I” has been converted to a grade other than “I” (e.g., A-F, CR/NC). An error message will appear if you are attempting to enroll in a class in which you have received an “Incomplete” and it has not yet been resolved.
The system will display the status of each enrollment request. Be sure to review the errors and/or messages.
- The class is currently full. You may place yourself on the waitlist (see below for more information about waitlisting).
- There is a time conflict between this class and one you are already enrolled in for this term.
- A Requirement Designation (GE Indicator) was assigned; these are used to help the degree audit process and require no action on your part.
- You have not met the Pre-requisites or Co-requisites for this class. Refer to the message details to see what the requirements are for the course. For further information, refer to the University Catalog or contact the Department.
Enrolling into a Waitlist
Waitlisted classes will count towards your maximum number of units allowed for registration, but you will only be charged for fees based on your number of units "enrolled." Additional charges, if any, will be assessed if you are successfully enrolled from the waitlist.
Note: To see classes that are currently full, uncheck the "Open Classes Only" checkbox. Then you will see all classes offered for a course and can choose to waitlist in ones that are currently full.
- To place yourself on the waitlist of a class, check the "Waitlist if class is full" checkbox and then click the "Next" button. If there is no space available in the class, you will be placed on the waitlist unless the waitlist is already full.
- If you were placed on a waitlist, a message will be returned indicating your position on the list.
Note: Be sure to update your email address in the Personal Information section. Communications regarding changes to your registration will be emailed to your "Preferred" email address.