- Individuals who already have a teaching credential and want to add the Health Science authorization option
Curriculum and Methods in Teaching Health Science
Academic Course (University Credit)
Please note: The summer offering of this course is now at full capacity. Please email Matthew Reimers to be placed on a waiting list for the next course offering, or be notified if spaces become available before the start of the current class.
Curriculum and Methods in Teaching Health Science (EDSS 450D) is a three-unit online course designed for individuals who already possess a California Teaching Credential and are looking to add an authorization in Health Science.
In addition to learning a new skill set that can help teachers advance in their career, passing this course fulfills part of the requirements of the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
The course objectives, curriculum, materials, instructional strategies, and assessment are specific to teaching health to a diverse range of students. Reflective practice is based on the California Standards for the Teaching Profession and state curriculum frameworks. Letter grade only (A-F)
- Classes are completely online
- Students take the course at their own pace
- Students must successfully complete three units of instruction
- Individuals should already possess a California Teaching Credential, with the intention of adding an authorization in Health Science