- Preparing for a business related graduate degree in the U.S.
- Advancing business and general academic English skills
- Working on admissions requirements for graduate programs
- Studying for the GMAT or GRE
- Succeeding in a university classroom with native English speakers
MBA Prep (MBAP)
English as a Second Language
English for business studies for advanced learners (15-16 weeks)
The MBAP program welcomes advanced students of English (61 iBT or 5.5 IELTS, or completion of Level 4 of the IEP) who want to prepare for graduate studies in business. This two-semester program is offered in the Fall (August) and Spring (January) semesters. Students may begin in either session.
- Read and analyze business case studies and write case analyses
- Write business-related research papers
- Give academic presentations
- Take notes on advanced lectures
- Write a statement of purpose for a graduate school application
- Prepare for the GMAT or GRE
- Advanced classes with business content
- Experienced, highly qualified, enthusiastic instructors
- CSULB Open University course in the 2nd semester of the program
- Graduate admissions advising
- Language-score waiver for the University of Redlands Graduate Business Programs (after successful completion of two semesters)
- 2-Day orientation
- Access to Conversation Lab and Homework Lab
- Access to ALI social activities
- On campus housing and housing assistance
iBT 61, IELTS 5.5, completion of IEP Level 4, OR undergraduate degree from an English-speaking institution
Through an institutional partnership, students who successfully complete 2 semesters of the MBAP program will be considered for preferred admission to the University of Redlands Graduate Business Programs. More information about the University of Redlands can be found here.
Successful completion of one or two semesters in this program does not immediately guarantee admission into any of the CSULB College of Business' (COB) various MBA degree programs. All MBA Preparation Program students must comply with COB requirements and submit necessary test scores and documents as stated for those separate degree programs. More information about CSULB's Graduate Business Programs can be found at www.csulb.edu/cba-graduate-programs/programs.
Louis Nguyen MBA Prep
The MBA Prep program is a perfect transition for international students. I have had a chance to push my English to a more advanced level. I am a lot more confident now.