- Beginning and advanced legal professionals
- Current legal professionals seeking to advance in their career
- Individuals looking to open a freelance paralegal business
Paralegal Certificate Course©
The Paralegal Certificate Course©, offered by California State University, Long Beach (CSULB), in partnership with The Center for Legal Studies (CLS), addresses all relevant topics and skill sets that graduates will need to work as paralegals.
Learn what it takes to work as a full-time or part-time paralegal, or how to open your own freelance business. This intensive, nationally acclaimed curriculum is designed for beginning as well as advanced legal professionals. There are no prerequisites — other than a high school diploma (or GED) — but students must be prepared to complete a significant amount of homework. The instruction is practice-oriented and relates to those areas of the law in which paralegals are most in demand.
The online core Paralegal Certificate Course© is offered in two consecutive seven-week sessions, and both sessions must be successfully completed in order to receive a certificate. Students may begin their course study with any online session offered.
9 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) will be provided upon request as a permanent record of one’s attendance, if requested by the last class meeting.
- Convenient online format — accessible day or night
- Lessons accessible from any computer with Internet access
- Online discussion board for interaction with fellow students
- Learn marketable new job skills
- Increase your office’s efficiency, productivity and billable hours
- How to interview witnesses
- Investigate complex fact patterns
- Research the law
- Prepare legal documents
- Assist in preparing cases for courtroom litigation
The online core Paralegal Certificate Course© is offered in two consecutive seven-week sessions. Assignments and exams are emailed to the instructor for grading. To receive a certificate of completion, students must pass numerous quizzes and successfully complete several legal document writing assignments.
Students who successfully complete both the Paralegal and Advanced Paralegal courses will be awarded a certificate of completion from California State University, Long Beach. Please visit www.legalstudies.com/schools/CSULongBeach.html or call 1-800-522-7737 for more information.