- Senior management (especially if their company intends to implement Six Sigma)
- Team leaders
- Software professionals
- Project managers
- Quality assurance engineers
- Software quality assurance team members
- Management students
Six Sigma Black Belt Exam Prep Course
Professional Development Course
Six Sigma is a method developed to help collaborative organizations improve their performance by reducing waste using statistical analysis. The Six Sigma Black Belt Exam Prep Course explains the key concepts, strategies, tools, and techniques that learners need to successfully pass the MindEdge Black Belt Certification Exam.
This advanced-level course, offered by California State University, Long Beach (CSULB) in partnership with MindEdge, guides students through elemental Six Sigma material before diving into each of the five stages of the “Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control” (DMAIC) methodology. Specific instruction about the role of the Black Belt in each stage, as well as help in transitioning between each of the stages, is explained by practicing professionals and training experts in Six Sigma preparation and application.
This program can be completed in an estimated length of 34 hours, with online access to course materials available for 180 days.
- This program is entirely online, in a self-paced instructor-facilitated format that allows learners to study at their own pace and on their own schedule.
- The curriculum balances academic excellence with real-world practice, featuring text, video, interactivity, adaptive learning technology, quiz banks, and other features not available in a traditional textbook.
- Throughout the course, participants will be tested with challenging exercises, case studies, and interactive games, to ensure their proficiency and mastery of Six Sigma concepts.
- Additional resource lists and web links will provide learners with ancillary material that can be explored to augment their understanding of important course elements.
- Progress and aptitude is gauged in comprehensive quizzes and tests at the end of each module, while requisite knowledge, understanding, and integration ability is assessed through three concluding practice exams that mirror the multiple-choice and essay questions that students will see in the certification test
- Students who enroll in this course will receive a copy of The Six Sigma Handbook by Thomas Pyzdek and Paul Keller (included in the cost of the course) to help prepare for certification. In addition, a list of additional resources is provided in the course that students can reference as needed. (The cost for these additional resources is not included in the cost of this course.)
- This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
- To explain the strategies, tools, and concepts that make up a successful Six Sigma implementation
- To plan, execute, and monitor improvement projects that achieve organizational objectives
- To describe the Black Belt's role in each of the five stages of the DMAIC methodology
- To choose and apply the correct tools or techniques to achieve project goals
- To demonstrate the expertise necessary to successfully complete the MindEdge Six Sigma Black Belt Certification Exam
- Successful completion of this course means completing all assignments and scoring a minimum of 70% on the Practice Exam 3.
- Learners should have exposure to project and process management practices, and should display proficiency in basic Six Sigma terminology and understanding.
- Learners must submit an application to the MindEdge Six Sigma Quality Council to be considered for the Black Belt certification exam. Previous experience in managing projects is a requirement.