In-person registration begins Monday, October 29, 2018 for non-CSULB students. Approval signatures are not required to register in a Winter Sessions class, unless the class is full and/or you do not meet the prerequisite requirement.
Remember that class sizes are limited and classes may be already full by the time you register. If the class is full, you can still try to add the class once the session begins by obtaining instructor approval on a registration form.
Add a Class or Change a Section
All adds and section changes must be completed by the last day to add for each session regardless of the class start date. Instructors of classes of short duration will only approve requests if submitted early in the session and honored by specified deadlines.
- Download the Winter Registration form or go to the College of Professional and International Education (CPIE) registration windows, located at the west end of the Foundation building (FND) to pick one up. The registration form is intended to be printed and filled out by hand. If you need assistance completing the form please contact our Student Services Center at (800) 963-2250.
- If the course requires instructor/department consent or has pre-requisites, you must get your form signed by the instructor or department. Once classes begin, instructor signature is required to add the class.
- Bring the completed form and your CSULB ID card to CPIE registration windows located at the west end of the Foundation Building (FND).
- If the adjustment results in additional fees, pay your increased registration fees. See Fees and Payment. Starting Thursday, December 20, 2018 for Session One and Wednesday, January 2, 2019 for Session Two, you will be charged an additional $25 non-refundable late registration fee.
- Full registration fees must always accompany the registration form. Payment may be made by check, money order, or VISA/MasterCard/American Express (AMEX.)
How to register in-person if you do not meet the prerequisite requirements:
If you are not able to add a class due to not meeting prerequisite requirements, please fill out a Course Approval Request Form. Our Open University Advisor will assist you via email in getting the necessary approval. You will be contacted in 1-2 business days with an update on your registration status.
Our regular business hours are Monday-Thursday, 8:00 AM-5:00 PM, Fridays 9:00 AM-5:00 PM.
CPIE is located in the Foundation Building. The registration windows are located on the first floor at the west end of the Foundation Building.
California State University, Long Beach
College of Professional and International Education
6300 State University Dr. Suite 104
Long Beach, CA 90815
Change Your Grading Option
Under certain circumstances, you may choose to take a class for credit/no credit (CR/NC) instead of a letter grade. You may also attend a class and receive no recorded grade (audit the class). If you audit a class, it will not count towards your academic program. Deadline is Friday, December 21, 2018 for Session 1, and Monday, January 7, 2019 for Session 2.
Request Credit/No Credit (CR/NC):
- Check the CSULB catalog or CSULB Enrollment Services for restrictions on CR/NC classes.
- Go to the CPIE registration windows located at the west end of the Foundation building (FND) and ask for a Grade Option Change Form and obtain appropriate signatures.
- You must obtain the CPIE Advisor's signature and the department stamp from the department that offers the course.
- Bring the completed form and your CSULB ID card to CPIE registration windows located at the west end of the Foundation building (FND) by the last day to add for each session.
Request to Audit a Class
- Go to the CPIE registration windows located at the west end of the Foundation Building (FND) and ask for a Grade Option Change Form.
- Follow the instructions on the back of the form and obtain the signature of the instructor.
- Bring the completed form and your CSULB ID card to CPIE registration windows located at the west end of the Foundation Building (FND) by the last day to add for each session.
Be aware that Requests for CR/NC and Audit for short-duration classes may be honored if submitted early in the session and by specified deadlines. Academic Advising and department approval is required. Please contact the Student Services Center at (800) 963-2250 for more information.