Drop a Class (for students who are eligible to use self-service)
- If you wish to drop a class before the start of the session, no signatures are required. You may drop classes using MyCSULB.
- MyCSULB access for Session One ends December 17, 2019.
- MyCSULB access for Session Two ends January 1, 2020.
Drop a Class (once classes have started)
- Once the class starts, instructor signature is required if you wish to drop a class. The last day to drop without a 'W' with only the instructor's signature is:
- December 26, 2019 for Session One
- January 8, 2020 for Session Two
- If you wish to withdraw from a Session One class during the holiday break, please email email@example.com, as self-service access will no longer be available. CPIE will accept an email from your instructor as approval to drop your class once Session One has started. Please note: the campus will be closed from December 25, 2019 through January 1, 2020. Instructor approval is required once the session has started.
- Once the campus re-opens on January 2, 2020, students must fill out a Petition to Withdraw form.
- Bring the completed form to the CPIE registration windows located at the west end of the Foundation Building (FND). The staff will then drop you from the course. Refunds will be based on the date that your drop request/withdrawal is received.
Withdraw from a Class
- If you wish to withdraw from a class after the last to add for the session, fill out a withdrawal petition. The withdrawal petition requires the instructor’s and department chair’s signatures.
- Bring the completed petition to the CPIE registration windows. The last day to withdraw with two signatures is January 10, 2020.
- Withdrawal requests after January 10, 2020 must include the Withdrawal Petition and the Addendum for Petition to Withdraw, and are submitted to Enrollment Services. Students must receive the instructor’s, department chair’s, and the college dean’s signature in order to withdraw. The deadline to with draw with three signatures is January 17, 2020.