If a class is full and you are a current CSULB student, you can place yourself on a waitlist for any seats that might become available. If a seat becomes available, the student highest on the waitlist will get the seat (subject to the limitations listed).
How Waitlisting Works:
- The last date to place yourself on a waitlist is Monday, December 10, 2018. After that, students may continue to use the web to add the class if space is available.
- The size of the waitlist is based on size of the class.
- You must meet any requisites for the class before you can be placed on the waitlist, e.g., course pre-requisites, section co-requisites, major and class level restrictions (see the catalog course description).
- You may register or waitlist for classes up to your enrollment unit limit, with a maximum of 4 units of waitlisted classes.
- Students will be moved from the waitlist into the class as space becomes available, and in the order placed, unless either of the following restrictions apply:
- There is a time conflict with another registered class. Since potential time conflicts are not checked when you place yourself on a waitlist, you should ensure that waitlisted classes do not conflict with your enrolled schedule. Time conflicts are not allowed.
- You are already enrolled in another section of the same course. Do not use waitlisting to try to get into another section of a course in which you are already enrolled, as you will not be moved from the waitlist if space becomes available. You will need to choose whether to take a chance and place yourself on the waitlist of the full section in the hope space becomes available or remain enrolled in the section you have already scheduled.
- If you cannot be moved from the waitlist for either of the reasons given above, you will be skipped and the next student considered. You will not be reconsidered until the next time space becomes available in the class.
- Students will be moved from the waitlists into the classes weekly as other students drop or have their registration requests cancelled due to non-payment of fees.
- You will receive an email notification at your preferred email address if you are successfully moved from the waitlist into the class.
- Check your schedule regularly at MyCSULB to monitor your position on a waitlist. If you decide you no longer wish to wait for space to become available, you may drop yourself from a waitlist and add another class.
- You will not be billed for waitlisted classes but will be billed if moved from a waitlist into a class and the additional units result in higher registration fees. Failure to pay any additional fees within 30 days of the change in your schedule, or by Wednesday, December 12, 2018, whichever comes first, will result in cancellation of the newly added class(es).
- Once moved from the waitlist into a class, it is your responsibility to drop the class if you decide not to attend.