Self-service registration is available via MyCSULB
for students that enrolled through Open University during Fall 2019. Self-service registration takes place from October 28, 2019 through December 17 at 10 PM for Session 1; and from October 28 through January 1 at 10 PM for Session 2, using the steps for self-service registration below. Once classes begin for both sessions, all students must register in person.
Steps for Self-Service Registration
1. Prepare to Register
Log on to MyCSULB
for the information you need to register. To avoid delays, check the following items:
- Holds - Learn how to clear holds at MyCSULB under Personal Portfolio.
- Campus ID - Your campus identification number is needed to register and appears on your admission and appointment notifications.
- Password - A password is needed for web access. The first time you access the system, you will be prompted to enter your birthdate (MMDDYY, e.g. 060383) in order to then create a password of your choice.
2. Select Your Classes
Conveniently and easily view course offerings online. You can use one or all of these options to get the course information you need:
- Browse the Schedule of Classes. Classes can be viewed by subject. Information is updated nightly.
- Search for classes at http://my.csulb.edu. Get detailed information on course offerings by using MyCSULB. This option allows you to search by subject, course, session, and GE category. It also gives you information regarding the classes such as available seats, instructor, and much more!
- Course catalog descriptions at http://my.csulb.edu. Current course descriptions for classes can be viewed by using MyCSULB. For assistance using MyCSULB, refer to the online guide on the 'How-to-Guides' tab.
- Manage your class schedule and account. Check your class schedule regularly noting class cancellations, room changes, whether or not you are moved from the waitlist, and especially when you make changes to your classes. Check your account regularly and pay any fees resulting from changes in your schedule promptly.
Refer to the topics under 'How to use MyCSULB' at MyCSULB
Registration assistance is available Monday through Thursday, 8 AM to 5 PM and Fridays 9 AM to 5 PM at (562) 985-5561.